Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS | Graphic Novel Review


If anyone knows me, then they would know I love Harley Quinn. I'm obsessed with The Suicide Squad & Harley Quinn the Animated Series and if you are too then this Graphic Novel is for you!



I've been a fan of DC's Harleeen Quinzel for a while now but it's only been recent years where I've tried to collect comic books and various merchandise of the Harlequin. Harley seems to be a fan favourite and for good reason, she feisty, intelligent, fearless and funny. Many associate her with The Joker. And as much as I love the storyline of a psychiatrist falling for a monster and changing herself to be with him, I find her other storylines much more interesting, such as her relationship with Ivy and even Rick Flag in the rebirth comic. 

 

So when I see a DC ink graphic novel of Harleen's adventures as a teenager, I just had to grab it. We follow Harley as she attends High School, meeting Ivy who is very passionate about her activism for the plants as well as the Gotham community and Joker, who is an anarchist and is the same sadistic clown from all iterations of him. We get a sense of how Harley's family situation has always been a bit crap, and chooses her own family as she manoeuvres drag queen acts and deals with the chaos around The Joker.

 


The art style of this graphic novel is wonderful. Tamaki & Pugh captured Harley even with just a few colours of ink. It's also perfect for middle grade who know about Harley but can not read the much more mature graphic novels out there.


 

It's such a fun read and I highly recommend this to anyone who loves Harley and DC Comics. I gave this a 4/5 on Good Reads.


Happy Reading

- J


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top