A Mini Book Haul/TBR Pile

This little haul is also my current TBR pile. Yes you've read that right. I've gotten books and instantly started reading them. It's time I read my physical books and I'm on a reading binge this year. I've already completed 16 out of my 20 book reading goal on Goodreads. Most of them have been books on my googleplay or kindle but I have been slowly going through my shelves despite having bought several books these past few months but I just wanted to showcase this little haul. So let's get into it.


The Mill House Murders by Yukito Ayatsuji

This was gifted to me by Pushkin Vertigo. The Mill House Murders is a translated novel which follows a small group of acquaintances who pay a visit to the remote castle - like Mill House, home to Fujinuma Kiichi, a son of an artist who has lived his life behind a rubber mask ever since a tragic car accident. This year's visit has been disrupted by a murder, a disappearance and a theft. 
This sounded so intriguing to me and I can't wait to get stuck in and give a full review so watch this blog for that!

Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas

I got this at The Works after hearing so many good things about it. Cemetery Boys follows Yadriel, a transgender teen who must deal with the consequences when he summons the ghost of Julian, the school's resident bad boy, who he can't get rid of. I'm so excited to get stuck into this. I've been reading quite a few books lately with LGBTQ+ rep and I can't wait to add this one to the list.

A Spoonful of Murder by J.M. Hall

I'm part of the Booktok Baddies facebook group. Every Wednesday they do a wishlist post and someone kindly gifted me this book from my list! Its a cozy murder mystery following a bunch of teachers who meet up every Thursday, after bumping into an old colleague, the next week, that colleague turns up dead. There is more than meets the eye with this death of a friend, a murder which this group of teachers want to solve. I've read quite a bit of this so far, taking it with me on my travels and I'm quite enjoying it.

Wicked Fox by Kat Cho

I bought this secondhand on amazon. With it's purple sprayed edges and author signature, I got a bargain and I love it. Wicked Fox follows Miyoung, a Gumhio or a 9 Tailed Fox who must devour the souls of men to survive but after saving a boy named Jihoon and loses her gumhio bead in the process, she must find a way to get it back inside her before her fox self takes over. 
I'm already half way through this book as I came back to edit and publish this post. It took me a while to get used to reading out each characters korean names but once I did, I've been flying through it.
 
Do any of these peak your interest? Have you read any of them? Let me know!
 

 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top