HEX APPEAL | BOOK REVIEW



 it's just a bunch of hocus pocus | I've been in the mood recently to just devour all witchy romance novels known to existence. I even had a bit of an ask around on a facebook group. Eventually I decided to grab Hex Appeal from my local The Works on a lunch break.

this book has a house that is ever-changing, gender fluid witches, slow burn romance, 1600's witch hunts, time travel and family secrets. A cosy and easy read. 

I did feel like i was thrown into whatever the plot was which was a tad all over the place. From saving the town from evil to having horrible ancestors and going back in time. I would like to have had more world building and a little more focus on other characters to made this whole novel a super slow burn buuuuuut...

Hex Appeal is a fun, entertaining and witchy read that gives me cosy, hocus pocus meets enchanto vibes.

Our protagonist, Essie, who's job it is to bring in the winter, so the village can have a white Christmas, lives in a house that is ever changing in the village called Good Winter. A house that is full of witches. But this house also has a spell of perception on it, so anyone tends to forget Beldam House once they have left and the village forgets it even exists as it's hard to find until Josh, who is the new landlord comes to town to gather his owed rent from the village folk.

Josh stumbles upon Beldam House and Essie after relocating from Seattle to Essex because he had inherited a home from his wealthy late father and finds himself remembering the house and all the inhabitants.

I found this so much fun to read and absolutely blasted my way through this. I wanted witchy rom-com and I got witchy rom-com. I really enjoyed the time travel aspects of the plot and Josh's sister. I would have love to see this as a cute film and maybes a sequel book. 

I recommend this book if you want enemy to lover vibes and witchy feels. Perfect book for this autumn.




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top