Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

BOOKS READ IN JANUARY

 

I'm so proud of myself reading 6 books in January. I haven't done that in a very long time. Also some of these books had a whopping 600 pages and I usually get quite overwhelmed with bigger books but they had a hold on me. I read five physical books and one audiobook.

 

FOURTH WING & IRON FLAME by Rebecca Yarros

oh my! I had bought Fourth Wing from The Works when it had not long been published. It had been sitting beautifully on my shelf, waiting to be read. And I told myself that 2024 is the year I just pick up that book and read. It's the year I stop putting off things, such as reading certain books I've collected because I want to wait. As soon as I finished Fourth Wing, I ordered Iron Flame. While I waited for that to come in the mail. I turned my attention to another series I had also been putting off.

Anyway I LOVE Fourth Wing and Iron Flame. The dragons are sassy and my favourite characters. I love the banter between squad teams. The adventure and action. The spice is just the right amount for me anything more and it's walking into cringey territory. Book three is stated to come out at the end of 2024 and I know exactly what I want for Christmas especially after that ending in Iron Flame. Holy Moley.


HEX AND THE CITY by Kate Johnson

I had read Kate's previous book, Hex Appeal and loved it so much that I wanted to get her second book which has some nice nods to the first book. It's a good old fun, witchy romance and I'm here for them. Johnson's books are easy to read, the spice level is low but still there. It's like a tingly feeling after eating doritos salsa hot dip and it even has fun little subplots and I enjoyed this one very much. I hope Kate brings out many more books in this witchy series.


PRETTY BOYS ARE POISONOUS by Megan Fox

This one is the book I listened to on spotify audiobooks and is not pictured but this book of poems by Megan Fox read like tumblr posts. And it was devastating to listen. Megan has a lot of dark poems in this. Mostly about men. And it really pulled on my heart and I just want to give her the biggest hug, but also the biggest face slap. 


A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J Maas

This is my first time reading a Sarah J Maas book and it has been sitting on my shelves for quite some time and now I am obsessed. OBSESSED I TELL YOU. I couldn't order the second book in the series fast enough after reading the last chapters of book one. 


A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J Maas

I get the hype. I'm in my Maas' era. I'm staying put.


Did you manage to tick off anything on your TBR list?



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top