BOOKS READ IN FEB


I'm very pleased with how many books I managed to read in February. A total of 6 physical books and I also found an all time favourite in the form of The Dead Romantics. There was a mixture of fantasy and thrillers and I enjoyed this months selection. Do not come for me about my cracked spines. I was once a lover of keeping my spines in pristine condition  but as I've gotten older, I now just enjoy letting them be loved, cracked and read. I sometimes wish my back was cracked as good as some of these book spines.


A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson 

This book had been sitting on my shelf for a good while and I thought it was time to pick it up. And Oh boy did I want to read the sequel as soon as I put this down. I'm also looking forward to the TV series!

This book is a YA Mystery thriller. Schoolgirl Andie was murdered by Sal Singh, five years ago but growing up, Pippa wasn't so sure. Choosing this closed case as her topic for her final project, she starts to uncover secrets that want to stay  hidden. I loved the format of this book, using case files and Pippa's reports to also tell the story.  Highly Recommend. This was a 4.5 stars.


A Court of Wing's and Ruin by Sarah J Maas

Still on my Sarah J Maas fantasy era this year and I struggled alittle with the first half of this book but the second half. oh boooooyyyy. My love for Cassian shot right up. This book mostly focuses on the impeding war between the King and Courts. Some shock moments but my love for Cassian will never die.


The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston

February is the month for remembrance for my father. And I read this book at the right time. This book's themes are full of dealing with grief and death, love and new beginnings. It was fun, wholesome and the romance didn't take away too much from the plot of the main character losing their father and coming to terms with it. This is a new all time favourite book for me and I love Poston's writing.

 

Bride by Ali Hazelwood

This book got a 3.5 stars out of me. It would have been a 4 if the knotting scenes were obsolete. I get it, Werewolf Vampire relations but oh boy did the sex scenes read like cringey fan fiction. I loved the mystery plot aspects of it and the lore itself but the romance did not do it for me but this has convinced me to read some more Ali Hazelwood books!


The Housemaid by Freida McFadden

If you want to get into thrillers and don't know where to start, this is a pretty good book to start with, I gave this a five stars just because I really enjoyed this from start to finish, however I did guess the culprit within a few chapters but it was quick and fun read. 


Most Likely to Die by P J Stanley

Don't bother with this one. I gave it 2 stars. I was in the mood to read a slasher book that was quick to read. And while this ticked the boxes for being a slasher, thriller and quick paced. The writing was just awful. Every chase scene had the words "someone!" and "ah" for screaming and yelling for help. If I had read the word "someone" again at the end of the book, I was begging for the killer to throw me off the roof. The plot was so cheesy and it took every trope from every teen slasher flick.


What did you read in Feb?!





0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top