Butcher & Blackbird | My first Dark Romance


THE BOOK BLURB

"When a chance encounter sparks an unlikely bond between rival murderers Sloane and Rowan, the two find something elusive—the friendship of a like-minded, pitch-black soul. From small town West Virginia to upscale California, from downtown Boston to rural Texas, the two hunters collide in an annual game of blood and suffering, one that pits them against the most dangerous monsters in the country. But as their friendship develops into something more, the restless ghosts left in their wake are only a few steps behind, ready to claim more than just their newfound love. Can Rowan and Sloane dig themselves out of a game of graves? Or have they finally met their match?" - Good Reads


MY THOUGHTS

Butcher & Blackbird is a dual POV and a standalone in a interconnected trilogy.

I've never really dabbled in Dark Romance novels, usually opting for cute fluffy romances or romantasy. But Butcher & Blackbird caught my eye from reviews on tiktok. And the premise really intrigued me. I thought I would bite the bullet and start with this and NOT Haunting Adeline, that premise scares me more than serial killers dealing with cannibals. 

I thought I wouldn't like this due to the spice content, but I fell in love with Rowan and Solane. It gave me the biggest Dexter meets You vibes and I was here for it. I gave it four stars on goodreads due to the amount of times Rowan was getting aroused by Solane doing anything and the spice chapters just did not do it for me but I absolutley loved the story of two serial killers, killing worse people than themselves. I would have loved more stories about other serial killers and pushed alittle more when it came to the gore because it wasnt as squemish as some other readers made it out to be. Even the cannibal scene was quite tame for me.

Our lovable Vigilante killers also have codenames and signature kills. Sloane gets the name "Orb Weaver" because she plucks the eyes of her prey out of their heads and also takes pieces of their body and weaves it into a web. Sloane would make a perfect serial killer for Dexter, just sayin. Whilst Rowan kills because he can.

Unlike certain fluffy romances, this one took place across several years. For them it was a slow burn and for us it was a dark whirlwind of a romance. Even the ending caught me with a slight twist. I really enjoyed this and will be reading book two called Leather and Lark. I already knew it would be about Sloanes friend Lark and while I didn't think much of her during the book as I wasn't invested, however Sloane describes what she is like during the epilogue and it really peaked my interest. So I'm quite excited for more serial killer romance.

If you like horror, serial killers and dark romance then this one is for you. Especially if you want to dip your toes into Dark Romance.


💭Have you read any Dark Romances?



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top