CHARITY SHOP HAUL


I had a bunch of books I had unhauled recently and decided to take them to one of my local charity shops, but as I had a look around they were selling 5 books for £1. Obviously I had to have a gander at the bookshelves and found 10 books to bring home with me. I had a look at the childrens section as well to see if there was any childhood books to bring home with me. I did find Bad Girls by Jacquline Wilson, Goosebumps and Where's Wally book for the nostaliga shelf. I'm fully aware there is an alpaca sticker on the side of the Uglies book. I had completely forgotten about it.

Still Waters - Tami Hoag

Any Tami Hoag book I see at charity shops, I buy straight away. She is one of my favourite adult thriller writers ever since reading her Oak Knoll series in my early twenties. This is a romantic thriller of some sorts and I'll be quite happy to pick this up when I need my thriller fix. However I'm not a fan of the mass paperback size. 

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Another author I've never read but for pennies, I might as well pick this up and give it a go. This is a young adult romance about two star crossed misfits. I took a sneaky peek of reviews and I'm quite excited to read this. I know it's quite old and was published in 2012 but this is the year I catch up on some books I've missed out on.

The Selection by Kiera Cass

I've heard good things about this series and I found this book which was hidden behind another. As far as I'm aware this is a Young Adult dystopian romantasy series. And I love a dystopian novel. Another book that came out in the early 2010's but I'm very excited to start this series and I hope I love this first novel.

Bad Girls by Jacqueline Wilson

Nostaglia at it's finest, I had this book between the ages of 7-11 and loved Jacqueline Wilson books. I'm hoping to pick up some more of her books I read as a child for my childhood books shelf.

Half Bad by Sally Green

This book, I have no clue about, it was a wildcard when I picked it up. I wasn't even sure if it was half bad or bad half at first. This is a young adult paranormal series from what I gathered. It follows 16 year old Nathan, trapped in a cage and is the son of the most terrifying witch. I don't know how this is the first I've heard about this series but I'm looking forward to picking it up.

Paper Towns by John Green

I still have yet to read a John Green book and this seemed like a sign to pick it up. I havent even seen the film yet, all I know is that Cara Delevinge was in it. 

Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens

This sounds like agatha christie meets enola holmes and I'm here for it. We follow school detectives Daisy and Hazel. And I'm all about that. I used to want to be a PI when I was in school. Figuring out everyones drama. Hazel discovers her PE teacher dead in the gym (so much trauma already)  thinking it was a horrible accident until the body disappears. Now Hazel and Daisy have a murder to solve and find proof that a murder did actually happen. I wish I had this when I was younger. 

Uglies by Scott Westerfield

This book has been on my goodreads to be read list for a while and I'm quite excited that I found this. Another dystopian young adult novel, following Tally and Shay, who is about to turn 16 and is about to have an operation that will turn her repellant ugly into pretty and as a pretty she will be place in a high tech paradise where the only thing she needs to do is have fun but her friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty so runs away. The authorites ask Tally to turn her friend in or never turn pretty at all. Very red pill, blue pill situation. 

Goosebumps: Attack of the Graveyard Ghouls by R.L. Stine

another classic for the childhood nostagia.  (I actually read this in May and the ending was silly but fun)

Where's Wally by Martin Handford

Not much needs to be said about this. 


I'm most excited to read The Selection and Uglies. 

💭Have you read any of the books listed?




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top