SISTERS OF THE COVEN | Feb 2021 Book Box Club Unboxing

book box club


Welcome! Hope you are having a lovely day, please let me know how you are doing in the comments below. Please grab your favourite beverage and let's have a gander at what's inside this months Book Box Club.


The Book Box Club is a monthly subscription service providing you with a new read and lots of bookish items starting at £26 and a secret society, where you can meet authors and discuss the featured book in the box! 


This is my very first ever box and I'm really impressed with the contents. Was there a reason why I chose this box? Well quite a few of the other boxes are primarily not in the UK and as far as I could tell, Book Box Club shipped in the UK, where I live and were reasonably priced. I also saw the theme of the box and just had to get it. This month was Sisters of the Coven. And I love anything witchy related.  




Here is what Bookish Items were in the box:-

*There is a colour filter on these photos so colour is not true to nature*

(Not pictured was my clubhouse invite & a book sampler)



WITCHES BREW COFFEE by CAFFE TRAMONI

Pour yourself a potent potion of pure caffeinated magic. This coffee smells amazing. But be warned this is ground coffee not instant, so you'll need a ground coffee maker/filter machine of some sort. I'm not the biggest coffee drinker so I know my partner will gulp this one down! It's always nice to recieve some tea, hot chocolate or coffee in book boxes as I love to just settle down and sip at a nice large cup of something hot.


WONDERFULLY WITCHY WOODEN SPOON

Stir up some trouble. This spoon will be getting used. It's useful and pretty! Perfect to use with the next item in the box.



LAVENDER SHORTBREAD RECIPE

Magic up a delicious batch of reading snacks. I'm very excited to try and make these shortbread snacks. I'll have to make it diabetic friendly but this recipe card also came with a recipe folder for all those witchy snacks! See the end of this post for the recipe!



HUBBLE BUBBLE RECIPE FOLDER (Artwork by ELF PAPER CO)

A witchy file to store you spells/recipes/unboxing cards in! This is an adorable little ring binder and I will be putting in some recipes and maybes I'll even make some witchy recipe spell pages to insert in the future.



ELPHABA EARRINGS by SAPPHIRE FRILLS

Devilishly wicked witch or deeply misunderstood? Even though I haven't got my ears pierced, yet. These earrings are super cute. Stunning green studs with gold detailing based on Oz's favourite evil witch.



TINY TAROT CARD PRINTS by JADE HOLLY DESIGN

Jazz up your wall art with these mini witchy prints. How cute are these mini prints? I might end up using them as book markers but I will defiantly be adding these to my collection of art prints. I just need a frame small enough to fit these in!


And the TWO featured books! Usually Book Box Club only has one book inside. Both books did come with a signed card by the author. I just forgot to include it in one of the photos. ahah. How does one even blog and take photos?




ALL OUR HIDDEN GIFTS by CAROLINE O'DONOGUE

In the depths of a dusty cupboard, school misfit Maeve discovers a deck of tarot cards and finds she has a talent for predicting her classmates fortunes. But when her former best friend disappears and a strange frigtening card appears in the deck, Maeve begins to realise how dangerous it is to play with magic. 

How amazing does this book sound? Also Maeve is in my top 10 girls names. Love that. I love a good YA witchy novel and this sounds right up my alley way. Can we just take a moment to apprciate the book cover too?! Beautiful. 




WE PLAYED WITH FIRE by CATHERINE BARTER

The Fox Sisters have some otherworldly problems when their séance hosting parties take a sinister turn. What started out as a ruse to trick their gullible parents, soon transforms into something unexpectedly paranormal and out of their control. Can they claim the fame they crave and keep their shadowy visitors at bay? 

Again, this sounds amazing. It's giving me Charmed in the 1960's vibes. And I'm here for it. I cannot wait to read both of these novels. 


Overall, I really enjoyed this book box! Especially for my first ever book subscription box. I'm very happy with everything and I can't wait to whip up some snacks & a brew and get stuck into these books. 




HAPPY READING! - J.


HERE IS THE BACK OF THE RECIPE CARD IF ANYONE WANTS TO MAKE THESE!



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top