BOOK TOUR | BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE*


{Paperback | 336 Pages | Publisher: Penguin Random House}

I really can't staaaaay, (but baby, it's cold outside), I've got to go'way, (but baby, it's cold outside)... 

 

Don't worry I won't be writing out the entirety of the lyrics to Baby, it's cold outside during this book tour. But I will ask you, What version of this song do you prefer? I'm partial to a bit of Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel if I'm honest. And yes I do have Christmas music playing as I type this. It's gotten me in the most wonderful Christmassy mood. I just want to snuggle on the sofa with a giant fluffy blanket, hot chocolate with marshmallows in one hand, soft music playing in the background (classic Christmas music of course),fairy lights on and delving into a good book with the other hand. And if that sounds amazing, then I have the perfect book for you...

 

Norah Jones is known for two things, sharing a name with a famous musician and always being single. After another year of heartbreak, Norah fears spending Christmas alone. Before she remembers Andrew, who she fell for ten years earlier. Fate pulled them apart but not before they made a promise...If they are both single on Christmas Eve 2019 they must stand under the clock at Bewley's Cafe on Grafton Street, Dublin. So that's where Norah decides to go. To Dublin, To that clock and hopefully, to Andrew. But it wouldn't be Christmas without a few surprises.

 

Firstly, a big thank you to Penguin Random House for sending me a beautiful ARC* copy of this book. It's my stop on the book tour and I love doing these so get that mobile phone in your hand comfy (or laptop on your legs), get a beverage for the other hand and let's get on with the review!

Secondly, I'm not the biggest fan of rom coms and I'm going to shock some of you right this second, but I think Love, Actually... is actually quite boring. There I said it. - holds hands up - However, that being said I really enjoyed this book. From the very start I knew I'd like it just because of Emily Bell's wonderful and fun writing style within the first few pages. Even though the plot is rather predictable, you still want to see these characters be happy. 


Written in first person narrative, Bell managed to transport me to Christmas time in Dublin. It gave me that feeling you get when you see the Christmas Cola Advert or the John Lewis advert. The joy and glee knowing its Christmas soon, its cosy, everything is looking very pretty with decorations & fairy lights and everyone gets together. I felt like I should be visiting Dublin this year for Christmas. Even though this book is Christmas themed, it doesn't take centre stage.


The chapters jump from Norah's past and present and I really enjoyed reading all about Norah in her younger days and how she met Andrew and her journey to the woman she is now. From the sad times to the fun times. I've loved taking this journey with her.


It is an easy feel good romance read and I recommend anyone who wants to get into reading themed books for the first time, especially around the most wonderful time of the year... 


I'm rating this book 3.5 Stars!

Get The Book: Penguin Random House 

Find Me:  Good Reads | Twitter | Instagram


Please tell me your favourite books you love to read around Christmas time :D

and check out everyone else on the book tour..





0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top