THE DEAD ROMANTICS


LOVE THIS BOOK.
 I'm disgusted with myself that I waited so long to read this. I also read it at a very good time. I loved the theme of dealing with grief and the romance didn't over power the rest of the book. I got a little emotional as I can relate to the main character in dealing with the death of a family member as my father had passed away in 2018. I could relate to her. 

The Dead Romantics follows Florence, a ghost writer for one of the most prolific romance authors in the book industry. Florence is currently struggling to write the next book in the series due to thinking that love is dead after having a bad breakup and her deadline has already passed and is about to kiss her career goodbye when a phone call prompts her to go home and help her family, who own and run a funeral parlour, to bury her father. During this time she also has to deal with a ghost that keeps appearing to her who happens to be her new book editor and now Florence has to figure out why he hasn't moved on yet.

The spicy was a 1 chilli on the scale. Just a little paragraph but I felt with the tone of the book that it was just the right amount. The romance, for a rom-com genre was not too in your face. We got a lot of character building and I really loved Flo. It was cute and a little bit unique and could do well with a movie adaptation. 

As my first Ashley Poston novel, it did not disappoint and I'm excited to read her other books. This is the type of romance novels I like. And I rated this a five star. I was to be buried with this book.

Do you like supernatural romances?



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top