Books Read in March


A mixture this month. I read 5 Novels, 1 ebook and 1 Graphic Novel. I found 1 five star read and a few 3 stars. I really found a love of greek retellings so now I want to read them all.  

 Circe by Madeline Miller

I absoultely loved Circe, I'm usually not a huge fan of historial fiction but I loved reading her journey of love, betrayal and loss. Circe is a complete badass and I really felt for her as she rose into a powerful witch. It really made me in the mood to read all the greek retellings and I also found myself pointing leo decaprio style to all the references to other greek myths and gods throughout Circe's life. I'm really looking to grab The Song of Achillies by Miller too. I gave this 5 stars and it was my only 5 stars of the month.

Lara Croft and The Frozen Omen by Corinna Sara Bechko

I was kindly gifted this a while back and since I was playing the Tomb Raider remaster games, I was in the mood for a Lara Croft adventure and pick this out of my graphic novel shelf. I enjoyed the art style but the story was rather "meh" Just like most of the books I read, I gave this a 3 star.

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas

Continuing my Sarah J Maas journey this year, I read book 3.5 in the ACOTAR series. It was a cute little breather before I read the chonky boy that is A Court of Silver Flames. I gave this a 4 star.

A Very Secret Society for Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna

I found myself reading this so slowly. It took me from January till March as I found myself picking up other books. It's a cute rom-com wrapped with wholesome found family but it was a little bit slow for my liking. I gave this 3 stars.

The Maidens by Alex Michelaides

I LOVED Michelaides's first book, The Silent Patient and I thought I would pick this up as I was in the mood for a thriller. I liked the concept of The Maidens and I did read this quite quickly but I found the twist a bit boring, a twist I had already guessed. I also gave this 3 stars.

The Pumpkin Spice Cafe by Laurie Gilmore

Another book that took me so long to read. I think I just wasn't in the mood when I originally started reading this last year in Oct/Nov. The fact that it heavily took inspiration from the Gilmore Girls is why I originally wanted to read this. Even the pen name of the author is inspired by Gilmore Girls. I just found the love interest so uninteresting and boring and gave this a three stars just for the small town setting and the little mystery of who was trying to sabatage the cafe.

Ten Thousand Immortals by Dan Arnett

Another book I read during my Tomb Raider mood. It's been sitting on my shelves since 2015 when I picked it up from Comic Con. It's also signed by the author and as far as I can tell, it's a rare first edition signed copy so I took great care in reading this.
It was a quick read but the story itself wasn't the best. I found myself reading too many descriptions of london streets, Lara ran down rather than puzzles and actual adventures. 3 stars from me. 

With Any Luck by Ashley Poston

I needed a quick little story and looked towards the Meet Cute series posted on Amazon. This was my only ebook this month and as I had read and really liked The Dead Romantics by Poston, I thought I'd give this one a go. And it did the trick. Although it wasn't a 5 star for me, I thought it was a cute and simple short story. I also gave this 3 stars.


Alot of three stars this month. But I'm so glad I found Circe in a thrift shop and decided to read. If I could be buried with my books, I'd want this one with me. 



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top