All the Hidden Monsters | Book Review


I won a lovely book package from Charley recently through a private facebook group and it included two ARC's and All The Hidden Monster's was one of them and I just had to jump into this straight away even though I was reading two other books. 

I read this within 24 hours and fell in love with it. It gives late 90's/mid 2000's fantasy vibes. This is for fans of Buffy, Being Human, Teen Wolf and Lost Girl. We follow our leads Sage and Orin. Sage is a werewolf with a ghost as a best friend and Orin is a grumpy warlock with a seedy past. When Sage's friend Lucy, who is a werewolf, is found dead in her apartment, Sage insists on joining Orin's investigation to find out whodunit. 

I love the character development, the friendship, the side characters and the hint of slow burn romance with Sage and Orin. 

The slow burn romance is slooooooow. But I love that. Our characters are getting to know one another and caring for each other and that is so important. It's not a love at first sight moment. It's a grumpy sunshine trope but in the best way. 

P, who is Sage's best friend and sleuthing poltergeist is one of my fave characters. She is so heartwarming and smart. I love how she gets on with Orin and tells him how it is when he's being a bit of a grump. I think everyone needs a best friend like P. She also cooks.

The pacing of the book and plot flowed quite nicely and I love the reveal of whodunit. I did guess early on in the book who it was but that didn't stop me from having a jolly good time and it gave me a sense of satisfaction when I guessed correctly. 

I hope we get more of Sage and Orin doing more investigations in the future because my heart would be happy.

💭I want to know what is your favourite supernatural creature?


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top